Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homework Avoidance

So it has been a few months, I'm in the middle of my homework that is due tonight and I am looking for distractions before I go crazy.
Yep that's right Sandy is back in full time school mode. What am I thinking? Well I'm thinking I could have my bachelors in my made up degree (literally they created one for me because I had too many credits but no direction) by spring YAY!! But as it stands my 13 credit hours keeps me pretty busy.
So anyway a quick update on my life. First of all for those of you who don't know I am an aunt. My brother and his wife had their baby clear back in May... I never said I wasn't behind on a couple things

This is Tucker J Schaugaard at about 3 hours old or so he is so blasted cute I can't stand it.
He's much cuter now and I tried to steal a picture from My Sister-in-Law's blog but was unsuccessful. I'll have to work that out for another day.
We had a terrific summer we went camping and spent lots of time with Family. Sadly My card isn't working on my other camera so I can't get a lot of my pictures to work and I don't have time to keep fighting it. So we are going to do the boring version.
This fall I was able to go muzzeloader hunting with my dad, my grandpa, my uncle and a couple cousins. This was the first year I drew out so it was pretty exciting. It's actually a really funny story. First you must know that I hadn't seen a deer at all on this trip, also because of homework I didn't make it down to Monticello till later in the week. I also had never shot the gun I was using I hadn't even looked down the sights to see how they worked. I pretty much had myself convinced I was just camping. There was no way I would actually get anything.
On the last night my dad and I went up to sit by a spring hoping at least to see a deer on this trip. I don't think either of us thought we would see anything we could shoot at. So there we sat for 3 hours or so. About 30 minutes before sunset my dad whispered "SANDY! look" I looked and I didn't see anything. I looked and looked and nothing. I thought he must be seeing things. I looked over at him and he was looking but it seemed he couldn't see it anymore either. So I sat back and kept looking but not so intently. Then I heard my dad say "SANDY, Take him" I looked at my dad and he had his gun up. I whispered "I don't see him" He gave me a look like What? and said he's right there. I looked and holy crap right in the middle of the clearing, maybe 50 yards away, not a bush or leaf between us was the biggest deer I've ever seen! I pulled my gun up and took aim and hoped the sight wasn't off or something and fired. That deer took off so fast I couldn't believe it, before the smoke cleared he was way gone. My dad had fired immediately after me but knew he missed. We were both so mad. First he could have shot it at least 10 times before I had taken my shot, he also said he had never had a shot like that in his life. I couldn't believe I had missed. I was so mad! He decided to go check for blood before we went back to hunting so down the hill he went. After a few minutes of poking around he came back to where I could see him and motioned me down. He found a blood trail and we followed it till ... Holy Crap I'd got him. A big 3 point, I'd hit him right through the lungs. It was well after dark before we got off the mountain but we were so excited!
This is the rack he was a pretty bloody deer so I decided against posting pictures of him.
Other than that it's life as normal. I'm still subbing and working at the Bakery. Wade is also as always working at the bakery. Besides work and School our lives are pretty boring.
Button keeps us pretty entertained though.
Here she is just hanging out and watching TV while she plays with her toys.
She is so helpfull.
Tonight she is helping Wade get some bakery work done. He needs the supervision.
Anyway that is the update. Not much but something. I make no promises about future posts. But we are loving married life and staying busy.

4 comments:

Megs said...

Good update. Finally. :) And you decided to post about your deer :)

Did you see Tucker's Charlie Brown costume? He won a contest at Walgreens with Sophie for the cutest costumes.

Things look busy but still good there. Things are going very well here now too :) You're the best!

justinandash said...

Yeah! You updated your blog! It's so good to see what you guys are up to! Congratulations on your deer; that is a nice rack. :)

The Jones Family said...

Holy crap! You're alive :) I am missing you guys so much, thanksgiving can't come fast enough. Well, I guess I should ask, are you going to my parents for thanksgiving? I hope so! Love you so much, and hope to see you soon!!!

The Evensens said...

love your up-date. I definitely know about home-work avoidance (I'm suppose to write my bachelor thesis right now ... I don't know if that's what you call it... either way, it sucks)

Can't believe you are a real hunter! Our lives are so far apart! Sigh!

Take care sweetie.