Monday, December 15, 2008

MY MISSION

So guess what 2 years ago today I stepped off a plane and was in the United States again after 18 months away. My mission. I've been home as long as an elder is out now! Crazy I can't believe it. I decided a little reminiscing was in order. I was trying to pick a picture or 2 but I couldn't pick one.
Here we go a trip down memory lane.
Madrid Spain Temple. I took this one on my last morning in the Spain MTC. From my window. The most Beautiful temple in the world. I took it on my way to catch a plane to the most wonderful place on earth!
This is in my first area. Well actually I'm in Conosur. The sister area south of The Port where I was serving. Do you see the little hill in the background? At the base of the hill is an elders area and then Mine and then another Elders area and then Conosur. So I'm that way a little bit.

These are the Sisters in my Zone when I got in the mission. All of them but a few went home within 2 transfers or were my companions at some point.
This is Anna and her family. I had a lesson with her my first day in the mission field. Its: Me, Andres, Anna, Anna Paula, Her husband who's name I can't remember, Andrea and Alexander. We taught her for a while wonderful family but they still haven't accepted the gospel. But I do still talk to them from time to time.
Transferred to Tenerife. Getting on a boat to a new Island. Actually I'm on a bus right now but then I will be on a boat.
Do you see the fish sections in these places?!?!?!
This is acctually in the Canary Island version of a Cosco.
This is the only area I had a car in. We only used it 2 days a week. And I think this is the only time I ever drove this car. Our cars had transfers just after we did. My car for most of the time I was in this area was white.
This was a beautiful area. This is the view from my appartment.
This was from the top of our area.
This is the view from the Pettingills appartment lookin at Teide. The tallest mountain in Spain. Its a volcano.
Last area. Bario Salud, in Santa Cruz. My area that always seemed up hill. It was a city on the side of a volcano. Good excersize here.
This is Maritsa and Aron. My favorite people in Spain

I could keep adding pictures all night. My mission was the most amazing experience of my life. I loved it all and looking through these pictures has been so fun for me. It's only been a glimpse. But it's a great reminder for me.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Oh...I miss my mission so much now! I love the pics. Missions are the best. Let's go back.

Unknown said...

That temple is so beautiful! It was fun to see all the pictures. :)

I have a blog also, at akallred.blogspot.com if you are interseted!

Ashley said...

I have a similar pic of the temple... and a few pics of you that I could post from pre-mish, mish, and post-mish! Oh joy! I should go through my mission pictures again. I forget how beautiful everything is there. And pictures don't even do it justice...